BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, the boot of my 530d has filled up with water and there are 2 electric boxes under the spare wheel that have got wet and car turns over but does not start. Does anyone know what these 2 electric boxes are for??? Thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
One's your pdc control unit other is called mpm (micro power module), both are control units. Either wouldnt stop car from starting, with mpm would have no central display, radio if i remember rightly.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Hi all, the boot of my 530d has filled up with water and there are 2 electric boxes under the spare wheel that have got wet and car turns over but does not start. Does anyone know what these 2 electric boxes are for??? Thanks
How did the boot fill with water, did u drive through a puddle at all?

I take iot that you did not have any starting issues before this occured?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sounds like a boot rubber seal problem. ie rain water - puddles would have no effect in getting up through the bodywork to make this much visible water.

·
Registered
865 Posts
There is problem with the older E60 actually sucking water into boot, seen it few times water in boot with now visable leak.

·
Registered
69 Posts
my 53 plate e60 had same problem before i bought it,cost me 350 for 2 control boxes but was still starting and running fine,just couldnt reprogramme at dealers due to faults showing up,parking sensors werent working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I've got the same problem; water leaked into my boot (530d) and the MPM unit has burnt out. the loom looks ok but the connection has melted.

Can anyone recommend where I might get one from? - and does it need any re-programming or anything or is it just a straight swap out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts