BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Folks,

New to the forum and looking for some advice on tuning my 2004 330ci m sport possibly a remap and exhast system also are the pipercross or k&n induction kits worth bothering with or just a rip off any advice on what sort of power increases to expect prices etc would be superb.

Cheers

Gaz

·
Registered
851 Posts
Not a tunning god be any means... lol

But the answers you will get will probably be along the lines of...

- Performance Panel Filter (non oiled one)
- Cat Back Exhaust
- Remap

Without goin Forced Induction these are the best/worth while gains you will get :thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member +1
1,138 Posts
hey gaz...av got a 330ci msport e46 04 plate...had a re-map done,,,was promised 18-20 bhp and 20lb torque..too be honest nevr noticed any difference...got ma car dyno tested be4 a fitted a simota ramair carbon fibre induction kit...was runnin 231bhp(thats the standard bnw claim)fitted the kit....first run 238bhp...result..not!2nd run(bonnet closed..hence more heat...228bhp!!!did sound amazn tho...but not worth the power loss or the£200 a paid for it..so its now bak wi the supplier,,am awaitin a refund!!exhaust..mmm..they are stianless steel anyway and my m8 builds exhaust for rally cars and he assured me for 400-600 quid ad be lucjy too see 2-5 bhp!!!just not worth it!!you could spend at least£1200 for these 3 mods and hav no noticable power increase...not sure wot your finances are like but for just over £4000 mstyle will supply and fit an ess twinscrew supercharger,,no other mods required and take tha stock 231bhp-320bhp...thats e46 m3 munchn!!!hopethis helps m8....av had ma fingers burned with this!cheers.

·
Legendary BFuk Member +1
1,138 Posts
hey gaz..forgot too say,,youmite be doin this anyway..but run your car on tesco99 fuel.....thorney motorsport did very thorough test on thier bmws and vauxhalls with this and sed it was the best fuel on the market....a tend too agree...a was usin shell v.power and believe it or not tesco99 felt more responsive and my m.p.g was slightly better!was mabye worth mentionin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.