BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i've been scratching my head over this for weeks now i have developed a new noise from my 2004 320cd having previously being panic stricken since finding out about swirl flap faliure when i heard this whooshing noise i was convinced it was linked to this, so i have removed the flaps and replaced with pmw machined blanks,changed the breather,and cleaned the egr but i still have this strange whooshing noise its almost like a dump valve sound, once the turbo spools up above say 2000rpm there is a release of pressure/whoosh noise upon lifting off the gas and changing up gear the car otherwise seems fine doesn't smoke, not using oil,idles well,pulls strong plenty of boost just this noise i found a post by MikeM from oct 2008 with the same problem and i have pm'd this guy just wondered if anyone has any ideas really bugging me now:frown

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm sure someone will come along and give some advice mate. It can take a day or two before people find your thread, so you'll just have to hold tight.

·
Registered
142 Posts
With Turbo's and what you are describing the issue is usually a heavy right foot. If you do push your turbo like this constantly it will eventually let go...

If you are driving 'normally' then i suspect you need to look at your dump valve as it is charging air into your system and it has no where to go so it activates the dump value 'sneeze' or whoosh to release the pressure.

Some people actually pay for mods to have this on thier cars!

My turbo is not noticable at all, in fact i dont think one is fitted because it is so quiet when i accelerate away, pulls well enough for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts