BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, pretty much as the title says. My wife's car has power drain issue, so if it's not been used for a few days, it often needs a jump start. This morning was one of those times, so as I've done multiple times in the past, I hooked the jump leads up to the engine terminals on my X3 and gave her a jump start. Never had an issues with this previously, but for some reason after this morning's jump, the Check Engine light has now come on on my X3.

My initial thought was maybe the cold morning (it was about -2) had been been a factor somehow and lead to too much draw on my battery, flagging a warning up?

Driven about 50 miles since then to see if it clears, including a couple of stops and restarts, but light still on. Any suggestions?

Google searches pointing towards the O2 sensors, but would these have been effected just by giving a jump to another car?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Have you tried to find the drain?
I would remove a few fuses like stereo/interior lights etc and see if the drain is still present.

Also how old is your battery?
If over 5 years consider replacing it.

If it isn't old give a full charge and see if the faults disappear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you tried to find the drain?
I would remove a few fuses like stereo/interior lights etc and see if the drain is still present.

Also how old is your battery?
If over 5 years consider replacing it.

If it isn't old give a full charge and see if the faults disappear.
the way i read it he has jump started his wifes car from his and now his engine check light is up on his x3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts