BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my microfilter needs replacing and counts down over the miles along with other service items on the idrive service menu.

Eventually it hits 0 miles, ive not yet taken the car in yet. It did seem to come down quicker than what the actual milege indicated. This morning I get into the car to go to work, and it says 'service 1500 miles'. Im like - WTF - what else - nothing was showing for 5000 miles last week.

Turns out the item is the microfilter - back at 1500miles ...

How / why did this happen? Surely the microfilter is not driving style related?

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
It could be - but why on Earth are you taking the car in for them? BMW charge a fortune and they're easy to buy after-market and fitting s about the easiest job under the bonnet!...........

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be - but why on Earth are you taking the car in for them? BMW charge a fortune and they're easy to buy after-market and fitting s about the easiest job under the bonnet!...........
I want to maintain the FSH. I know its an easy job and I know how to reset the service item .... They cost around 20-30 and the indie will charge around £50 all in which is not bad to maintain FSH.

Im 37, this was the first time in my life that I had a car serviced - always DIY.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
So, my microfilter needs replacing and counts down over the miles along with other service items on the idrive service menu.

Eventually it hits 0 miles, ive not yet taken the car in yet. It did seem to come down quicker than what the actual milege indicated. This morning I get into the car to go to work, and it says 'service 1500 miles'. Im like - WTF - what else - nothing was showing for 5000 miles last week.

Turns out the item is the microfilter - back at 1500miles ...

How / why did this happen? Surely the microfilter is not driving style related?
same on mine mate - find a good Indy for the stamps and save some money at least!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts