BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an annoying problem with my bluetooth. Every time the car pairs with the phone, it attempts tp do a voice recognition from my phonebook. Due to having the stereo on, this sometimes works and so far I have dialled my ex girlfriend, my boss and directory enquiries. Is this an option or is there a problem with my bluetooth prep?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Never heard of this one before. Is your button sticking for the voice recognition? Are you pressing that button to connect to the phone as you enter the car?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of this one before. Is your button sticking for the voice recognition? Are you pressing that button to connect to the phone as you enter the car?
Will check button, but did not look like it. I would have assumed if it was stuck it would attempt to do it over and over?

No, not pressing anything. The phone was in the boot last time and dialled the ex, that was a strange conversation!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Hahaha. You could temporarily unplug the eject box if you have one. That will disconnect the centre VR button but have no other side effects.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha. You could temporarily unplug the eject box if you have one. That will disconnect the centre VR button but have no other side effects.
Hmm, didnt think about the button there, I was thinking of the one on the steering wheel. Will check next time. I tried disabling all the options on my phone apart from generic bluetooth and it still does it, so must be the car for sure! :frown

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi i just bought 2003(03) 318ise 2.l however i dont have user manual not in car..and i dont know how this buttons work what is r/t button is this mean i can connect my with bluetooth? any help:thumbsup? thanks ..

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
hi i just bought 2003(03) 318ise 2.l however i dont have user manual not in car..and i dont know how this buttons work what is r/t button is this mean i can connect my with bluetooth? any help:thumbsup? thanks ..
Turn on the ignition, hold down the sneezing man, if the radio says ACTIVATE PHONE then you have Bluetooth and you should begin your pairing routing from your mobile phone. Don't get your hopes up, most cars don't have it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks for the reply JOYLOVE...i have tryed that nothing happens..can i get 1 installed on this if yes where is the best pleace or what is the cheapest way to do this thanks again..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts