BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Struggling to decide between 19" wheels for my Touring...I currently have 18" MV2's that I'll keep for the winter months.

I've just got a set of staggered 19" MV4's with tyres but I've always loved the BBS CH's....

A friend has done a couple of photoshop pics with my car and the two options. Opinions greatfully received - don't hold back :)

Also, does anyone here have experience of fittings the MV4's on a Touring?? They are genuine Staggered BMW MV4's in 8J/9J, et 37/39.

Cheers,

James.

Standard MV2's (18"):

19" MV4's (photoshop):

19" BBS CH (photoshop):

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
MV4s IMO.. Although the car looks great with MV2s and CHs aswell! Tough choice

·
Registered
108 Posts
MV4's and sell me your MV2's!! :) Also, nice motor mate!

Reactions: JamesH_sussex

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stuck the MV4's on the car today. I have to say I'm loving how they look on the car.

Only issue is both rear wheels rub on hard cornering / road bumps.....guess im going to need to roll the arches...anyone know a professional in the sussex area for arch rolling?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hello JamesH Sussex, Very nice looking wheels:thumbsup.

Could you possibly state what tyre widths you have fitted front and rear. I am interested (and probably many other Forum members!) in what combos Rub and need inner wing or wheel arch work.
I am trying to pick tyres for my new alloys and I am hoping that I will have no remedial work to carry out.

Dunk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Bratty,

Front MV4's: The car is running 235/35*19 Falken FK452's on the front (8J*19 ET37) with no rubbing issues

Rear MV4's: The car is running 265/30*19 Falken FK452's (9J*19 ET39) - very very minor rubbing on hard cornering & road bumps.

Plan is to keep the MV4's & have a mild roll on the rear arches.

I may well end up getting a video capture of the rubbing whilst the car is in motion to make sure I know exactly where the wheel/arch interference is - watch this space :).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Hi James, cheers for that, there is really nothing in it between the limits that you can go too! The offset of the rim is critical and then the tyre size! I have about 2.5mm extra clearance on the rim hopefully

Dunk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts