BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Broke down the other day by the cause of my Top Hose pretty much splitting in two.

Dropped it off at a local garage and they replaced it fine, but explained it was a concern to why a perfectly good hose woudl split like that and suggested that it might be a head gasket or a cracked head.

Thing is, it was never drinking water or oil before and there was no signs of a head gasket going.

Ive been going around like a headless chicken trying to find quotes for head gaskets jobs, new heads, new engines the lot and im abit lost. Can someone advise?

Its a 330d Touring M sport with a remap of 250 bhp and 525 Nm of torque
Love the car and dont want to see it die :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Age. After some time, it will be necessary to replace top and bottom hose. You can have a block test carried out if you are worried.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mm true, just spoke to BMW could be a sticking thermostat but i dont know what my next course of action is, as the new hose is on but dont know if thats the last of it or do i look into it more...

·
Registered
11 Posts
90% of the time, a faulty thermostat will give you a faltering temp gauge. Maybe you should check the condition of the bottom hose as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts