BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I managed to acquire a full set of Gloss Black Shadowline trim from E-Bay for £30 and as expected it has the discolouration from car wash use, milky blotches all over it, I was wondering if anyone has had any success with some sort of auto cleaning product in restoring the gloss finish?

The door trim panels are all pretty good and if I'm honest the black stuff looks no worse than my horrible chrome effect trim so any improvement will see me fitting this stuff PDQ!

I had a quick search and saw a suggestion for Dodo Juice - Lime Prime which I'll have a go with if there's no other recommendations, I also have a Dremel with a buffing attachment that will get a run out with some high gloss buffing compound as a last resort.

Any help appreciated,
Glenn.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Following deeper investigation, there's a product called Serious Performance Paint Cleanser, this looked to be exactly what I am looking for and I have therefore ordered a 500ml bottle.

Results to be posted once the bottle turns up.

Reactions: jim 320D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lime Prime is a paint cleanser in the same vein as that Serious Performance item, although I'd imagine Lime Prime has a bigger following and great reviews.

I'll be interested to see if a paint cleanser can restore the trim though as I have this minor issue on mine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sp cleanser turned up at home, I'm away for a few days, will get back on Wed, review with pictures to follow, whether good or bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used a bit of P1 on mine over the weekend and it certainly improved things, not 100% though.

More annoying is that some of the black paint peeled off when I removed my masking tape from it after polishing the car!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi pal, regarding the above, I used Auto Glym High Resin Polish.

Seemed to do the job well, give it a few layers and a bit of elbow grease :)

Hope it helps if its not too late!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts