BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2003 E46 330d Saloon. When I lock the car with the fob it locks the doors and set the alarm. When I leave it in my garage overnight I have no issues. However when I leave it parked on the road, or at the office, or even once at the petrol station while I'm paying... it will go off at random.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what could be wrong or what I should do to identify the issue?

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Unplug the bonnet switch. Sunlight will cause the bonnet to heat up and change shape and if it is on a hair trigger can set of the alarm. If this cures the problem, affix a (something 1/2cm deep and sticky) to the top of the switch or the inside of the bonnet where the contact marks are.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I've unplugged the switch and wrapped both the cable plug and the switch plug in electrical tape to protect them.

I'll leave the car locked with the alarm armed while I'm at the office tomorrow and see if I can make it through a day without it going off! (If that works then I'll look at modifying the switch to be less 'hair trigger' if that's what's needed.)

Watch this space, I'll report back soon. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts