BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm new here so please forgive any duplications mistakes etc.

I am retro-fitting a sat/nav system with tv to my 330ci convertible and am unsure of a couple of things that I hope someone can help me with.

1. Where does the tv module sit as there seems to be no space for it with the radio module, 6 changer and computer in place?

2. What does the tv aerial look like (not sure if I got one with the kit) and where does it go?

3. Do all 16.9 monitors have the immobiliser code function (mine doesn't seem to) and if so how do I activate it?

Many thanks in advance

Glyn

·
Registered
880 Posts
1. Where does the tv module sit as there seems to be no space for it with the radio module, 6 changer and computer in place?
I'm not 100% sure in the convertible, but there is not a lot of space back there! I think it's near the bluetooth ULF location, which is up against the back seat on the left side.

2. What does the tv aerial look like (not sure if I got one with the kit) and where does it go?
You'd know if you had it, it's a large thing that goes in the back bumper.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BW52&mospid=47605&btnr=65_0756&hg=65&fg=45

3. Do all 16.9 monitors have the immobiliser code function (mine doesn't seem to) and if so how do I activate it?
It's a function of the on board computer, the E46 does not support it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RichardP

Many thanks for your help. I can see where the tv tuner should go now and it doesn't seem like I have the antenna.

As this kit was from a 330 coupe would it have had the antenna in the bumper or is this just a convertible thing?

Thanks again in advance

·
Registered
880 Posts
The same kit exists for the Coupe as well as the Convertible, however, it may be that for the Coupe the bumper antenna is only for retrofit kits, if it's installed from the factory it may use the diversity system which includes the rear window heating element.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RichardP

Thanks once again.

I have checked the kit and it appears to be complete upto the conectors that attach to the rear window heating element on each side.

At the risk of showing my complete ignorance. I realise that this cannot be fitted to my convertible but are you able to advise me as to what is required to adapt it?

Yet again my thanks in advance.

Glyn

·
Registered
880 Posts
Sorry, I've reached the end of my knowledge!

There must be some common point of connection, but it may be all the way back to the twin aerial coaxial connectors the connect to the TV module.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts