BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently changed the battery on my 03' 330 and since then the Sat Nav constantly shows "Please wait a moment...". I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, the DVD drive and the fuses. I also tried cleaning the disc and got a DVD cleaner in case the dvd drive itself might have dirt on the lense. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it or have any idea how to solve it???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Weclome to the forum,

Sounds like you did not follow the power off procedure and the OS has corrupted, you will probably need an OS disc to bring it back to life, have a look over on x5world (navigation forum) and download the latest v32 OS, unzip and burn at the slowest rated speed of the blank cd (you must do this) then follow the procedure below.

When its finished writing your new firmware cd,
Goto the car open the drivers door,
Goto the nav computer and press eject on drive,
Eject the map disc,
Switch ign to pos 1, leave door open.
Insert firmware disc into drive, follow instruction on nav screen.
Wait (approx 6 mins) till sat nav asks to eject cd and reboot.
Eject cd,
Confirm reboot.

That's it.

Do not switch off ignition or close the door when doing the upgrade.

PS, Power off procedure for ANY bmw nav computer.

Goto the nav computer and press eject on drive,
Eject the map disc,
Wait for the led (on the eject button) to flash and the go out (this could take some time, but you must wait)
Once the led goes out you can then disconnect the battery (or the nav computer from the loom (via the 2x 18 pin plugs).

Failure to do this with a mk2 or mk3 nav computer will tank the drive permanently (you now have a nice new paper weight), the mk4's are a bit more robust, but can still crash.

Reactions: PJP81

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have downloaded v32 from x5world and loaded it successfully on to the car. This has created a whole new appearance on the screen with no option for Sat Nav.

Under the FAQ's on x5world a picture shows the appearance of our screen. Ours is(was) an SW 4 - 1/12. The FAQ's on x5world suggests v20.1, v21 and v21.1. Should we find one of these and try it???

The screen that now comes up in the car appears dated and as I say doesn't give an option for Sat Nav. Could anyone please help us to regain Sat Nav???

·
Registered
880 Posts
The software update failed, or the Nav has now crashed. The 'dated' screen look comes from the TV module which kicks in if it does not detect messages from the Nav.

What EXACTLY happened when you did the V32 update?

It's possible that the DVD laser has failed, or is failing, bad reads of the map disk can cause the nav to crash. Eject the map disk if you can, then unplug the Nav computer, leave for 10 minutes and connect it up again without a disk in. Do you get the Nav option back?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The software update failed, or the Nav has now crashed. The 'dated' screen look comes from the TV module which kicks in if it does not detect messages from the Nav.

What EXACTLY happened when you did the V32 update?

It's possible that the DVD laser has failed, or is failing, bad reads of the map disk can cause the nav to crash. Eject the map disk if you can, then unplug the Nav computer, leave for 10 minutes and connect it up again without a disk in. Do you get the Nav option back?
I'm having the exact same problem.

Software update failed and is now stuck in "dated look", says there was a problem with the disc when I tried updating and seems to have crashed at this point.

Nav unit is now very unresponsive, will not eject discs unless I press the button a good few times/ hold it down for a WHILE.

Only reason I'm meddling around with this is because the sat nav system got stuck in "Please wait for a moment..." during my remote angel eye installation and I just simply wanted to update the firmware

How do I unplug the Nav computer for a 10 minute reboot?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.