BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Idling for your model should be between 600 and 800 rpm. If lower than this, check for air leaks/splits in the vacuum pipes paying particular attention to the throttle body boot pipe. If you cannot find anything, then I suggest a good clean of the ICV (Idle control valve).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response,my engine idles at 530 in neutral and 510 in drive so it sounds a bit low,I shall check the points raised,where is the ICV located please.It seems to set up a vibration at the lower revs.
Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nearly had the ICV out,but could find no way of undoing the jublee clip that holds the rubber convoluted pipe to it as the screw was underneath and inaccessable same applied to the clip holding the boot to the throttle body.Whats the trick,please
Don

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good thinking Batman,I'll have another go tomorrow.I found the rubber tube that joins the small plastic pipe to the f connector was perished so that was worth changing.I like the look of your car Neal.
Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.