BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Can anyone help me with my problem with my keys? Over the christmas period I went to start my car one morning and it was dead when i turned the key, it was laid up for a couple of days before i decided to do all the normal checks battery jump start etc, but to no avail, then i just thought i would try another key, and it started! The problem i have is that the key that is programmed locks the car and puts the alarm on, also opens the car, but wont start it. I have to use a key that is not programmed. I can trick the car by when i start the car with the un-programmed key turn off then quickly put the programmed key in the car starts with it! Anyone know the cause of the problem and a fix?:confused

Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like you have a problem with the transponder in the key OP. The EWS will briefly accept the code from your spare key which is what you are doing at the moment. Btw GazNicki, that procedure will only program the central locking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Yes I have tried re-programming the keys and the key that is opening the doors, but not starting it is reprogramming. The other key is not reacting to reprogrmming at all but at least is still starting the car. Do you know what i need to do to fix problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts