BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Does anyone know if the aerial can be upgraded without having to fit an external aerial?

The problem I have is with my new phone (Sony Ericsson W980) it has a built in FM transmitter and 8gb storage for MP3's. I use this in my van (Citroen Dispatch) and it works perfect, its almost CD quality but when I use it in my car there is a constant buzzing in the background. You can select any frequency from 87 to 108, Ive tried a number of different frequencies, some are better than others but there is always a buzzing noise in the background.

Also the MW reception is pretty poor, id like this to be a little better if possible.

I don't want to fit an external aerial as I think this will spoil the look of the car so I'm looking for a booster or maybe a new internal aerial that works better than the standard BMW one.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd rather not do that, The phone has the FM transmitter built in so I would rather use that than have wires running into the phone. Also the connections are on the side of the phone so it would not fit in my phone holder with the auxilary out cables plugged in.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Well, the aerial is in the rear window, so it's quite a way from the phone. You 'might' be able to use an aerial splitter/combiner, for example this from EAS (check the aerial connection type, you may need the SMB or ISo type connector) and then some form of aerial tucked up in the dash, or even under the center consol, just for reception from your phone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts