BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has managed to build a stealh sub box which sits in the side panels of an e46 Touring as I would like to fit a 12" sub I have laying about but dont want to compromise on the boot space?

Any suggestions or direction to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got a sub built into the spare wheel well. Fibreglass mould on the area above the spare with an mdf baffle just below the boot floor. Made a replacement boot floor with a built in grille to allow the sound through but trimmed in carpet to match so looks stock.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I installed a bass box in the spare wheel well, I used the plastic insert in the wheel as the rear of the bass speaker, I then installed a powercap and amp on the board that the speaker was on, on either side, then installed a second shelf about 4 inches higher than the speaker to bring it level with the boot level so that when I put the seats down, the whole boot is still flat. hope this helps.

spare wheel well sub.jpg WP_000048.jpg base2.jpg base6.jpg base7.jpg base3.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the pics I will put some up when I decide how I am going to do it. Don't want to loose the spare wheel though but i may be able to build a super shallow box in the storage area underneath the rear floor.

But pics will come up once I Have figured out the way I am going to do it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
my spare wheel is still there, thats my point, i can unscrew everything, think its just 8 screws for the speaker and 1 wingnut for the spare wheel, lift it out and hey presto there is my spare wheel........me not stupid me no silly ....lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts