BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

just a quick question i am looking to do my swirl flaps tommorow i just got my blankers i have looked at the how to guide on here and its great but im just unsure on one thing,do you refit that servo unit that controls the rod to move the swirl flaps do i put that back on when reffiting

thanks in advance
regards ben

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
You can either remove the servo unit or leave it, and the drive arm(rod), in place as it will simply free wheel.

If you remove the servo I'm pretty sure you need to plug the vac pipe that feeds to it as otherwise it'll cause a error fault.

Take it steady and you'll be fine, suggest cleaning EGR valve at same time but it is a filthy, filthy job :frown

:thumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply and info

so probably best to the leave the unit on the manifold and re attach vac pipe.
I will clean while im there so i know its nice and clean :).

thanks.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did this over christmas......I left it attached.....I have a lot of old cars, with distributors and spark plugs, working on moderns is terrifying!!!

Still, the guides were invaluable and it all worked fine :) !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no more flaps anymore i left the servo unit on,quite a nice little job something to do on a boring day took me 1 hour and 25 minutes,feel better now i know there out took for a hours drive and no problems thanks for youre help.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Scary title. help fitting swirl flaps? Thought for one horrible moment somebody had bought a car with them removed and was putting them back :hihi

Edit:- I see someone has been in and changed the title but kept quiet about it. Makes me look like I misread it now (which I know I didn't). Definitely makes more sense now.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Scary title. help fitting swirl flaps? Thought for one horrible moment somebody had bought a car with them removed and was putting them back :hihi
would be much funnier if some garage charge to do this,or why not have it done at a indy or dealer for peace of mind...:hihi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts