BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, sorry to make my first post request for help but got some problems and you're the guys I hope can help. 2003 320D Touring. Just bought it and love it but after reading on here about the dreaded swirl flaps I thought I should do swap straight away. Here are my problems.
1. Managed to lose one of the orange rubbers with washer moulded on, that hold manifold down. I was terrified it may have gone into the inlet port, had a good poke around, and blew them out with an air line, nothing found, and 50 miles later still running well so I guess it didnt go down, unless it could be lodged inside? Please tell me this isn't possible.
2. Foolishly managed to mix up the vac pipes and not sure which now go where.
3, Finally, I removed the vac servo and rail completely, (for the swirl flaps) was this right?
Having said all this the car ran faultlessly over a 50 mile test run, but vac servo for rad blanking is not connected, I think I got the right pipe on the EGR, but it seems to run ok without any pipe. Can anyone point me in the right direction with these pipes, I sure could use some help/reassurance, thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
627 Posts
connect the vac pipe to the operating servo but unclip the metal bar that connects to all the flap actuarors and put that in the bin too, your servo will now just have she short plastic arm that will still operate but do nothing..and no fault codes..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts