BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
more than likely yes , because the upgraded speakers would probably be higher power rating , however have a go , swap ur speakers and have listen , if they work but sound the same as before or worse - then u got ur answer u will need another amp

·
Registered
401 Posts
this really depends on what speakers you are going to use, unfortunatly there is massive selection to choose from and actually getting it right can be a nightmare, it also depends on what you want out of the system, if its just a nice crisp sound then get the same power output as the original system had but a high quality speaker, it will sound nice and fresh and there is no need to change the amp however if your after more power out of the system then more drastic actions will be needed, personally i would upgrade the speakers to a higher power output and high quality make and upgrade the headunit to decent brand, see how you get on with that and if it isnt quite right then get an amp, they can be easily hid and easily wired in it will also mean you can add higher powered speakers later on, cost isnt much if you shop around and the outcome is deffinatly worth it

·
Registered
401 Posts
you can just buy a headunit that already has an ipod dock built in and then get the relevant speakers, the thing with speakers is you need a good range to get the most out of the system, so upgrading to a more powerfull speaker will always make a huge difference over stock, stock was never intended to be played loud its just a luxury to make the car desiarable, what sort of budget are you looking at and ill see if i can help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i don't want blow you away, just quality! I want to keep the standard head unit as I don't want to change the look. With that in mind it will cost about £80 for the i-pod adapter. So £100 for the speakers?? As i said I don't need to be blown away just quality!

·
Registered
401 Posts
http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-kenwood-kfc-1361c_p-22860.htm
something like this would be fine then, they have built in tweeters so you get a nice sound from them, nice and cheap aswell so plenty of money left to get a good set of rears, im not sure where they place them on your model, on mine they were in the roof, but they can be easily changed with a bit of patience, you will need to find out the correct sizes of yours tho, if you cant find out yourself let me know and ill try my best to help.

have a browse around that site to see what tickles your fancy, might be worth giving them a call to see what they say, might be able to haggle yourself a good deal.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
Whats the original output then? 4 x 40w? I am gonna buy the DICE i-pod integration. I just want a good sound not the tinny rubbish thats already there!
I'll be selling a Dice kit soon if your interested - currently in my E46 2003 320d - only a couple of months old.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.