BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to find a Haynes or similar style manual for an 2003 E46 320d - can only find manuals for petrol models.

I want a manual so when it comes to doing things with my car I can find the best way of taking things apart etc and also to do some basic maintenance etc.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Diesel models don't seem to be catered for:mad

I would like more info on my E36 325tds... Perhaps there is a BIBLE lurking around somewhere:confused

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the standard petrol E46 Haynes manual. Everything is pretty much the same apart from the engine parts. I find this enough as there are not many things on the engine I'd want to tackle at home apart from the basics like oil and filter changes etc.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think I'll get the E46 petrol book then - just want it to see what I can tinker with and maintain myself - brakes etc and to know how to properly take thibgs apart rather than just get the claw hammer in!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Think I'll get the E46 petrol book then - just want it to see what I can tinker with and maintain myself - brakes etc and to know how to properly take thibgs apart rather than just get the claw hammer in!
The taking apart is easy:hihi It's the putting back together after 6 months or so that normally tends to catch me out:rofl

·
Registered
26 Posts
I spent quite a lot of time looking for a manual for my 320d to no avail. I did find an online manual which is basically a program that you install onto your computer which i assume is similar to what BMW has. It has very detailed drawings and has dismantle and repair instructions for everything one the car, i would definately recommend! I cant remember the name of if but i can pull out the old receipt if you need it.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I spent quite a lot of time looking for a manual for my 320d to no avail. I did find an online manual which is basically a program that you install onto your computer which i assume is similar to what BMW has. It has very detailed drawings and has dismantle and repair instructions for everything one the car, i would definately recommend! I cant remember the name of if but i can pull out the old receipt if you need it.
Sounds like BMW TIS

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would be cool. thanks.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The taking apart is easy:hihi It's the putting back together after 6 months or so that normally tends to catch me out:rofl
Definately, when I installed my Ipod kit I had only had the car a couple of weeks and being my fist BMW I was just pulling at things to see if they came off to get the wires under the trim etc, sometimes it helps to know if something is pulled off or there are screws somewhere.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BMW TIS - are those them CDs you see people selling on ebay for a few quid - are they worth getting for the sake of a few quid or are they not worth the virtual paper they are written on?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
funny you should say that I was only looking the other day at the feedback one of the ebayers had received who sold a lot of them - some people were complaining it doesn't work on vista etc - killed the PCs - allsorts - too complicated to run etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts