BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2003 E46 320ci - Sport Covertible Radio showing -DISABLED- after disconnecting battery

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  colin.ab 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hi i was having trouble with my bluetooth after i upgraded my HTC's software. This i think stopped the volume and phone e,t,c buttons on the left hand side of my steering wheel from working. So i tried the reset by disconnecting the negative terminal for 30mins. When i connected the negative back up the radio (business CD) now shows -DISABLED- across the screen and wont work does anyone know how to get my radio working again

thanks gaz

#6 ·
The radio has now come back on which im now thinking loose/dodgy connection il have to have the radio out. Yeah everything else works but the buttons on the left hand side of the steering wheel do nothing but if the phone does decide to connect the talk button on the steering wheel will dial the first number listed in my phone book and will answer an incoming call

thanks gaz

#8 ·
If the radio is not repsonding to the steering wheel controls, then this fault and the DISABLED message is a result of the K-bus beign corrupt. It could be that the wire into the radio is damaged/intermittant. I think it is a white wire, grey stripe and yellow bands. The K-bus is a digital data line connecting loads of things around the car, but not the engine, ABS or gearbox. Also known as the i-bus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.