BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been trying for a while now to adjust me xenon headlights but dont seem to be having any luck.. My RH beam is shining far too high, and no matter how much i move the whole unit, it still seems to be shining high.. Is it possible to adjust the actual projector itself to move the beam lower down?? Ive also just put a new D2S genuine philips 85122+ bulb and after about 15-20 seconds of the bulb heating up it begins to flicker slightly, not a great deal but enough to notice.. Anyone know what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you know if the auto level adjuster is working on that particular lamp? If the D2S is flickering on one side, swap it out with the other side and if it still flickers on the same side then you may have a faulty ballast/xenon control unit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive adjusted the headlights mate.. So thats all good, just confused as to whats going on with the bulbs flickering.. The xenons dont come standard in the 320 e46, so ive put them in myself using ballasts from a hid kit, and d2s connectors that i got from hids4u.co.uk. The existing bulb that came in the headlights works fine and doesnt flicker.. Yet the new bulbs that i have bought, after 20seconds it flickers, and ive swapped all ballasts and d2s connectors around with the working bulb which rules out the ballast or connectors being the issue.. Im just wondering now if its the bulb thats faulty? Ive tried a few brand new bulbs in it also, and they all flicker.. So im really stumped?

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh, its the bosch headlight unit, and genuine philips bulbs, just the inbetween parts that are aftermarket.. I had a look at that thread mate and i saw how badly his were flickering and strobing.. Mines arent cutting out, its jst a very slight flicker, the same way it would look if rain were to run down the front of the light.. Do you think its the ballasts, or should i buy cancellors? Only thing confusing me is that my dash is showing no faults for the front lights?

Cheers
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts