BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi i want to change the rear parcel shelf speakers in my 2003 e46 saloon,can anyone tell me the maximum depth of speaker that will fit into the original speaker boxes, also can anyone recommend a good replacement speaker for the rear shelf and the front doors.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It turns out the front door speaker depth is very limited about 2''or so,however the rear parcel shelf speakers can be accessed by just removing the speaker grills and will acomodate a deeper speaker up to 2.5'' i hope this helps anyone planning a speaker transplant

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Ivan,

I'm trying to sort out the speakers as well. The rears did not turn out how I was thinking they would. Want the sound quality but they sound too tinny and high freq.

I've got Earthquake speakers so would keep away tbh...do let us know what you put in! I'm on the lookout now too

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Ivan,

I'm trying to sort out the speakers as well. The rears did not turn out how I was thinking they would. Want the sound quality but they sound too tinny and high freq.

I've got Earthquake speakers so would keep away tbh...do let us know what you put in! I'm on the lookout now too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi i fitted INFINITY REF 5032I 5 INCH/13CM 135 WATT CAR SPEAKERS in the rear and sony xplode 3 way speakers in the front and it doesent sound too bad, better than the originals by a long way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi no there is not much base but the mid and high is much clearer im thinking of an under seat sub to help i will let you know what happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts