BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my car had its Insp II and MOT from BMW dealer in Chesterfield and came out with flying colours without any advisory action for MOT and am very happy about that.

But have some questions and appreciate if i could get some advice on the following from you all experts as though am using the car for a 1yr+ totally new to Bimmers.

The questions are

a) My friend who is having the same model and year car did the inspection service in November from Nottingham dealer and they had some software updated for his car. But in my case they didnt say anything regarding the same and how i will know what software version for the ECU model am running and what is the latest one released by BMW. If at all i have to get it up to date, is there any criteria like only if its needed for my car or is it like they advise us that its needed?

b) After i bought the car last year i had the drivers side wiper problem and replaced it with Bosch 23" one on the drivers side and 20" with spoiler on the passenger side. Its working well and no problems with that till date for the past 4 months. The service person while handing over the key told me though its working fine, its not the wipers meant for the car. Can i know whether am having the correct wipers?

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.

Cheers
Jay

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
a) Software updates would cost money, and usually have no obvious effect. BMW only update software if there is a problem that may be fixed, or if the car is sufficiently new.

b) Not sure on the wiper sizes, it may be in the handbook, but if it is clearing your screen OK, I wouldn't be too concerned. It may be 22/20 that was the original fit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Thank you very much for the prompt reply...understood the software concept...so not worrying about it and also the screen is getting cleaned with the wipers so no more head ache...once again thank you.

cheers
Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts