BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I need to replace my rear coil springs. In have sourced two for £30 from Quarry Motors. Are 'used' springs ok? Or is it best to get new ones?

Thanks in advance for your help guys :thumbsup

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
up to you really but eibach prokits give a similar ride height on sport suspension and are quality and good value at around £140 for all 4...

IIRC they have a lifetime warranty aswell think ir ead it somewhere...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
up to you really but eibach prokits give a similar ride height on sport suspension and are quality and good value at around £140 for all 4...

IIRC they have a lifetime warranty aswell think ir ead it somewhere...
Thanks mate. Well, money is a little tight at the minute (replacing the radiator+header tank and the front two wishbone mounting bushes). No good with my hands either so I will have labour charges.

I didnt want to go for any second hand parts but, like I said - money is a little tight... I don't want to have to do them again in 6 months time though:frown

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iirc forum member Paddy2bsure is selling his used eibachs, try the Wanted/For Sale section if you're interested? :thumbsup
Cheers for the advice :thumbsup

I don't know much about springs to be honest... Not sure what I am looking for. Quite happy to go with the ones Quarry M's have offered me... as long as they will be ok :confused

·
Registered
753 Posts
Its a hard one to call, standard bmw rear coils are well known to break. Can't really moan at £30 but you might end up doing them again in 6 months or a year

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
rear springs are an absolute doddle to change ide consider doin em yaself seriously save yaself 50 quid labour..shame ya not local ide change em for ya for nowt there that easy..

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rear springs are an absolute doddle to change ide consider doin em yaself seriously save yaself 50 quid labour..shame ya not local ide change em for ya for nowt there that easy..
I really don't know what I am doing unfortunately and I don't have anyone to keep me right. The garage did say they were a quick job. If I was local I would have absolutely taken you up on that offer matey :thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts