BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
not sure what bushing, someone just suggested it. The Problem is when driving you sometimes feel the steering make a sudden pull to one side.
That would be the front wishbone rear mounting bush. They are a weak point on the E46's but you really need to get it checked before you plough any money in to it.

My E46 did the same, changed bushes- still same.

ended up replacing the whole wishbones and roll bar links to cure it.

Get it checked first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That would be the front wishbone rear mounting bush. They are a weak point on the E46's but you really need to get it checked before you plough any money in to it.

My E46 did the same, changed bushes- still same.

ended up replacing the whole wishbones and roll bar links to cure it.

Get it checked first.
That's a very constructive reply mate :thumbsup.
I would have expected something like this from you

'If your car feels like it's had a few too many puffs on the ganja, wacky backy...then you need the lower testicle joints changing' :rofl

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ok thanks, will check it out first. Another question is when you read your ECU if there is a problem with your air intake sensor, will that show in the reading

Not always mate, sometimes the MAF will kick up a code, most times not.

You have to monitor the live readings from the sensor.

Why mate?? u got issues with the running?

·
Registered
851 Posts
just behind the air box :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
how do i do that and where is it located?

Take a look at the air box, just infront of it there will be a black cylinderical item, that;s the MAF sensor.........disconnect the plug that's on it.

Fire the car up and take it for a spin and see if the symptoms persist. The car will run a little rough with the MAF disconnected but it will be ok.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MAF location 318i 2003

can anyone tell me if the MAF sensor is a little black hose connected to airbox hose or is it a clip on thing with some wires on it like yellow, black etc clip on to the airbox hose

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
can anyone tell me if the MAF sensor is a little black hose connected to airbox hose or is it a clip on thing with some wires on it like yellow, black etc clip on to the airbox hose

Right dude.............take a look at the Airbox, follow the big induction pipe from the box to the engine, you will come across a black cylinder type item that is clipped on and has a plug connected to it......diconnect that plug.

I will look for a pic and post it up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
M8 I dont know if my engine set up might be abit different. What i have seen is a black small rummer hose connected to the big induction pipe, also a see a clip on thing that contain some electrical wire attached to the big induction pipe also. I am not sure which one is the MAF sensor ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.