BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Shall I de-cat my exhaust system?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok my rear box is blowing because the n/s hanger pulled away from the box and the mot station did a pi%$ poor job of welding it back on(although they were kind enough not to charge for it as it blows now...)
so im in the market for a cat back system,have decided on eismann or supersprint but my query is regarding the cat i had a look and making a pipe to replace it isnt an issue should be easy to pipe bend a section however i then noticed it has a pre and post lambda sensor will removing the cat have any adverse effects on the cars fueling or power etc or is it a better idea to source a sports cat replacement??? or any other options i havent considered?

any input would be appreciated

cheers louis.

Btw as far as mot's go my uncle said as long as i have my cat with me in the boot he will pass it.So mot isnt an issue its purely a will it run right and is there gains to be had from cat removal?2lambdas?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I've just purchased a Supersprint for mine from Motormec! :) - should be here in the next week or so.. good price and great customer service! :D

r.e. MOT's - I guess it just depends how 'friendly' they are and if they have a 1.3 Ka sitting their they can stick the probe up at the time! :):rofl

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
If it has a post CAT sensor it may light the MIL lamp, as there is no cat the gasses that will be coming out will be too rich. The ecu will pick up on this and if it cant adjust the mixture it will light the fault light.....:frown

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.