BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking my car back to the fitter who fitted a new stainless steek free flow back box to make the back box quieter as it real does drong and pop etc. He has suggested placing chambers into the back box to make it quieter. Will this solve the drong and popping I have? Any suggestions what I can ask for to make it as quiet as possible? I asked when it was being made to make it as quiet as possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Taking my car back to the fitter who fitted a new stainless steek free flow back box to make the back box quieter as it real does drong and pop etc. He has suggested placing chambers into the back box to make it quieter. Will this solve the drong and popping I have? Any suggestions what I can ask for to make it as quiet as possible? I asked when it was being made to make it as quiet as possible.
make shure that you have at least 1 centre silencer. im shure when i looked under my 2004 318ci the other day the standard exhaust has 2 centre silencers and a cat then the backbox.

y did u have the exahust tho as if u had it for performance. im sorry but the quiter the exhaust normaly the less performance as silencers work by having a bigger internal surface area than the pipe going into them that reduces the gas pressure so u get less noise out the back. works simluar to a gun silencer.

well thats centre silencers anyway someone else please explane back boxes and baffels tot he chap as i just finshed a night shift at work lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts