BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly basic 318 e46, what spec can be added to these that are good to have. Just a short list will help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
At the moment im looking into a speaker upgrade, nothing fancy but just something that sound decent, standard speakers are absolute junk, my ears are insulted evertime i listen to a song i know has bass in it but i know i cant hear!

·
Banned
478 Posts
I have a fairly basic 318 e46, what spec can be added to these that are good to have. Just a short list will help.
You can add guns, passenger ejector seat and an oil slick release if you like....:lol

well, it all depends on what suits you really, you could try and get hold of leather interior, it adds class and value.

What sort of modifications are you looking for? a factory spec look?

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can add guns, passenger ejector seat and an oil slick release if you like....:lol
lol

At the moment im looking into a speaker upgrade, nothing fancy but just something that sound decent, standard speakers are absolute junk, my ears are insulted evertime i listen to a song i know has bass in it but i know i cant hear!
Nailed it. :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Even the E39 M5 I had a look at had a pathethic system in it, really not what you expect from a premium badge car.

Yet to hear an M3/M5 with the harmon kardon upgrade to see if that's actually any better or just a gimmick.

After the sound, consider climate control if your car doesn't already have it. Should be able to get all the bits and bobs cheap enough from a BMW breakers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well im just looking for standard upgrades, ive got leather and what i think is climate control, but i do like my electrical goodies, but not sure what bmw offered from new.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Even the E39 M5 I had a look at had a pathethic system in it, really not what you expect from a premium badge car.

Yet to hear an M3/M5 with the harmon kardon upgrade to see if that's actually any better or just a gimmick.

After the sound, consider climate control if your car doesn't already have it. Should be able to get all the bits and bobs cheap enough from a BMW breakers.
If the Haarman Kardon system in the 5's is as good as the one in the Range Rover, I can confirm that it's fabulous.

Parts might be cheap, fitting is not. There are a couple of threads here about it but expect to pay a bmw dealership for 16hrs labour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts