BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a pro sport back box fitted today, sounds good not loud so just right .

When I came home i got out to listen to the idle and noticed the exhaust sounds as if its popping rather than being burbling smoothly. Just wondering if this is the norm or if I better get the car diagnostic checked to see if the fitment has thrown anything out of sync etc.

The back box is as close to oem i could get with 2.5 slash pipes and made to be as quiet as possible so it gives a nice growl, its the idle noise I am not sure about as I wanted that as smooth as possible.

Also notice it seems to ticking over at a lower rpm since having it fitted.
Before I go back to the fitters and ask them (who I must say are excellent) I wanted to get some pointers/advice please

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a regular pop as the car idles, sounds as if its missing type of things. Sounds great when driving with no popping etc so its just when ticking over/idling.

·
Registered
506 Posts
A new back box is always going to sound a bit raspy especially if its stainless, as it cokes up it will sound more dull and burbly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update - The more I listen the more it sounds as if the sound is more of a chugging sound as if its missing, however, the engine sounds sweet so I am really confused now???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts