BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an 03 plate 316ti and am having trouble reading the DME with a carsoft diagnosis kit. I have heard bad reviews of these systems but I have had no problem reading and diagnosing everything on an E46 2001 325i Ci. Has anyone experienced the same difficulty and if so how did you solve this. Maybe the wiring in the plug needs to modified? Or is there a connector port under the bonnet for a 20 pin plug which I cannot find:(???

Cheers

Mak

·
Registered
233 Posts
have you got your key to position two? this is the last position before your engine starts where your fuel gauge works and mpg etc, should work fine like that, otherwise reinstall the carsoft as I think i had that problem before and that fixed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Emphasis, but I have tried both re-installing and having the key in position 2. As I have already mentioned, I can get it to work on an E46 325i coupe but just not the 316ti. I can read the ABS and other things on the 316 but not the DME. For some reason the engine doesn't want to talk to me?

Mak

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Thanks Emphasis, but I have tried both re-installing and having the key in position 2. As I have already mentioned, I can get it to work on an E46 325i coupe but just not the 316ti. I can read the ABS and other things on the 316 but not the DME. For some reason the engine doesn't want to talk to me?

Mak
Which diagnostic port are you using? BMW always used to house the port in the engine bay but then moved to panel above the drivers foot well.

You probably know this but as not mentioned I thought I would suggest it:thumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which diagnostic port are you using? BMW always used to house the port in the engine bay but then moved to panel above the drivers foot well.

You probably know this but as not mentioned I thought I would suggest it:thumbsup
Hi A20

Yes I am aware of the connector under the steering wheel.

Cheers

Mak

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone find any solutions?

I've got a E38 with the DME not responding in GT/DIS? Everything else responds with either '!' for no fault or 'x' for fault but nothing for DME?

Good luck to others!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts