BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my car booked in on wed for a decat . its only 1.8 engine i seem to be flat footing :confusedand then after few seconds or so u can feel a bit of power kick in . ive put an air induction on it but dont seem to do out but grawl...should i put my factory air box back in and should i get the decat . does any one know why my car is not so responsive its a 316ti compact 2003 should i change spark plugs . my miles is 53000 at min thanks ...:thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
How did you manage to post this in the North West Region Meets section??????????

I have moved it to the e46 section for you and suggest you have a read here http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f71/bimmerforums-uk-forum-guidelines-t117/

I would also suggest getting the fault codes read for the ECU as you may have a sensor down or even a air leak because of a split pipe so get the engine hoses, breather pipes e.t.c checked

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
To be honest mate the only way to see power (and it will only be a small figures - 10bhp tops) would be to have a remap:thumbsup

I did various mods to my car when it had the 1.8 16v engine fitted and still ended up losing BHP. Mods included induction kit, stainless steel exhaust, de-cat and superchip. I spent in the region of a thousand pounds and lost approx 6.5BHP

I would recommend you refit the air box, check for air leaks and have the codes read to pin point the fault like Ronnie has suggested:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts