BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Radio will not work at all when I try switch on. I have no sound from my Sat Nav, TV and telephone. Also noticed that that CD has stopped working as well when I select from the mode button, nothing happens. Really strange why this has happened! I have checked most fuses but they seem okay. Can anyone help or make a suggestion? Thanks Brian

·
Registered
115 Posts
Same same

I have the same problem in my 01 E38 :mad I have just pulled it all out and have a mate who is going to look at it tonight hopefully. I have been told about dry joints in the (Becker) BM24 units being the main culprit for intermittent sound problems. I don't know if this will be the same in the newer units, having a look at amp/radio it is a lear unit not a becker but I hope that it will be something as simple as this, just need to get my hands on a torx set to take it apart :). I will post the results as and when I get chance.
Si

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well taken it apart on have found one of the joints is indeed brown where all the other joints are shiny silver. I just hope one of the lads is good enough at soldering to sort it out. It will probably be a week before I can fit it back in the car though! Doh.
Si

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have checked all the fuses in the glove box and boot but the manual says there is more fuses in the "load area" where ever that is? I can not make out from the picture where its refering to. Any ideas?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Right side of the boot, above the battery. The fuses for the Nav system are in there, there should be a sticker on the back of the door that tells you which is which.

To re-boot the radio try pulling the radio fuses for 10 minutes or disconnect the battery. An 03 car will have a BM54 radio which does not suffer the dry joint problem - but they do need rebooting from time to time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Robert,
Glad it worked for you my mate soldered the dry joint for me and all looked good so I put everything back together again and it all worked...... Good times.

Then the next time I got in the car nothing worked..... Bad times. I think I am just going to give up and go for an all in one solution.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.