BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new on this forum having bought a 2003 530D sport a few weeks ago.
I have searched and found a few topics related to the symptoms my car has at the moment: No blower at all whether I set the thing on MAX/AUTO or manual. Temp sensor seems to be working.

I have removed the Glove box and looked everywhere but did not see a 40 AMP fuse anywhere. Checked the other fuses as mentionned in other threads but for the life of me I cannot find the 40 amps. I can see a few wire looms and some connectors but that is about it.
Anyone can help me or even has a drawing/picture of the thing?
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK I found the fuses.... Shame they are OK so I suppose I now have a real and more expensive problem to deal with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what I read on this forum (come to think of it, thread or reply was from you ) Just in case and because they seem to fail regularly I ordered the FSU "hedgehog" thing.
A little concerned about getting to the blower motor but if the FSU replacement does not do the trick I will have to do this.
Just had to fork out a couple of hundred pounds to get the Aircon pipes replaced and a gas refill, and everything was fine for about a week ... What rotten luck

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
That is what I read on this forum (come to think of it, thread or reply was from you ) Just in case and because they seem to fail regularly I ordered the FSU "hedgehog" thing.
A little concerned about getting to the blower motor but if the FSU replacement does not do the trick I will have to do this.
Just had to fork out a couple of hundred pounds to get the Aircon pipes replaced and a gas refill, and everything was fine for about a week ... What rotten luck
:frown damn Legeek.

See here for some pics, http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f15/2001-e39-520-tourer-final-stage-resistor-t20222/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Changed the FSR quite easy job really, Fan is now working fine....
BUT not very cold when using AIrCon...
So back to the garage on Thursday...
At this rate, the aircon will be sorted for the winter:mad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All sorted out now... Byt phew !!!! Originally one of the pipes from the Aircon was leaking so this was replaced, then I lost the fan (on and Off) so I replacved the FSR.
Then Air was not cold so back to the Aircon man who found that the scond pipe (the lower one) was leaking too... Thanks goodness though they were honest enough and only charged me for the part and no labour since they should really have picked this one up first time around...
So now we got cold air....

Changed the oil and the oil filter whilst I was tinkering and I don't think this car had an oil or filter changed for a while....
Put the recomended Castrol one to avoid anymore probs....

·
Registered
51 Posts
OK I found the fuses.... Shame they are OK so I suppose I now have a real and more expensive problem to deal with.
can you share with us where you found the fuse?
pulling my hair out here, replaced the FSR but to no avail. must be something else.

thanks in advance....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have to remove the glove compartment.
This is very easy to do.
The Fuses are behind the glove box nex to a loom.

You need the talents of a contortionist to see them to be honest.
I found that lying on my back and looking up with a torch was what worked best for me.
They are inserted upside down so you will be looking for the bottom part as opposed to the top of the fuse where the fuse value is usually etched.

Hope this makes sense to you and good hunting....

There are times where I think that the BMW electric designers thought it be a giggle to hide everything and document it as little as possible to make it even more fun

1 - 10 of 10 Posts