BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My car has recently started to have a funny burning smell when I start it and the fans are on. I have checked under the bonnet and the burning smell is coming fromsomething under there. Maybe oil or diesel on something?

I have also noticed that my carpet mainly passenger side is wet? Maybe or maybe not related.

Thanks
Nathan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too sure mate as I've never checked it. Im gunna make a mark on where it currently sits then check it later. Could this be the cause of the burning too?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Itskind of funny its rather sweet with an hint of oil. Maybe the hint of oilis just the burn of the sweet if that makes sense? I checked my water and the indicator was rock bottom. I filled it and will check tomorrow as I've not reallydone anymiles since filling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Itskind of funny its rather sweet with an hint of oil. Maybe the hint of oilis just the burn of the sweet if that makes sense? I checked my water and the indicator was rock bottom. I filled it and will check tomorrow as I've not reallydone anymiles since filling.
You may also want to check the passenger footwell again to see if really gets wet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.