BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods please dont move this to the ice section again as been in there for a week now with no reply.

I have a 2003 735li and for some reason the sub has decided to stop working. it was working perfect up untill it decided to stop.

I have had a play with all the setting etc.

Question is where is the sub and what goes wrong with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Subs are under the front seats. There are two of them so if neither are working it's more likely to be the amp. If you have the standard system, the subs are driven from the standard head unit front channels, so if they're not working too, then you have an amp problem.
With the hifi system, there is a small amp in the boot that drives the subs. Could have died.
Do you have the standard, hifi or Logic7 stereo system?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Subs are under the front seats. There are two of them so if neither are working it's more likely to be the amp. If you have the standard system, the subs are driven from the standard head unit front channels, so if they're not working too, then you have an amp problem.
With the hifi system, there is a small amp in the boot that drives the subs. Could have died.

Many thanks for your info i am pretty sure i have the logic 7 system.

Regards
Mike

·
Registered
180 Posts
So there's 3 type of sound system for the 7 series? I thought it was just hifi or logic7.
How do I tell if I got standard or hifi. I know I don't have logic 7 as it's not on my idrive.
My rear door speakers and subs aren't working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts