BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, would like to ask you more experienced guys about a e39 525d 2003 i was going to purchase couple of days ago, car was 94,000 miles on clock and genuine from big local car dealer,took in a trade in, car had some scratches and chips here and there and alloys were badly needing refurbed,but the thing that really put me off was took off oil filler cap and was very slight light green brown residue which put me off more than anything,car sounded sweet when started up no fans cut in after listening to it for 3 or 4 mins purring away nicely, garage had evidence of servicing from new.was i being to hasty and maybe was only moisture? Out of curiosity for readers of post car was for sale at £5488 with 3 owners, just about full service history, and is "es se" model manual, blue in colour with blue cloth interior and silver not wood inlays. Any advice gratefully recieved.

·
Administrator
4,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If it's been stood around on a forecourt for a while it's probably just condensation.

If you are worried about it might be worth forking out for an inspection on the car before handing over your hard earned. It might save you money if they pick up on other things that need doing. If you have a bad feeling about the car walk away, there are loads out there!

Ian

·
Registered
470 Posts
Give the last dealer who did the service a call and ask what was done, and get them to verify the mileage, also HPI before you buy that will throw up any nasties and if you really like the car take it out for a 20 minute (minimum) test drive then see if there are any problems. Personally i would start the bidding at 4.5k - ok you may get laughed at but there are a lot of cars out there and you have cash in your pocket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.