BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am getting some new tyres on Saturday. I have been looking on the big tyre place web sites and on Kwik Fit site they do some tyres called Debica Radial for £50.40. I have searched on google for these tyres and Debica are cooperating with Goodyear. Does anyone know if these are any good, I cant find a review on them. If these are not very good can anyone recommend any better tyres. I'm looking to spend about £50 to £60 per tyre. I do about 6000 miles a year and mainly just use the car to go to the supermarket and to see family. I rarely go on the motorway and don't do many long journeys.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Have a read of last weeks Autocar. Their test of the budget brands will make you think twice. They are black and round and that is where the similarity ends.
As per previous posts, if you want a budget tyre, go for the mid market brands.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would recommend Falkens (for value for money) I just fitted them to the rear of my 530d and to the front of the wifes 525d - just remember the only thing that is holding you to the road are those four pieces of rubber - with a nice car like yours I would always put a decent tyre on no matter the mileage you do. Try the following link it may help you decide - not worth the gamble at a cost of perhaps say 15 pound extra per tyre...for something decent. The nankings, wanlis, linglongs, kingkongs or whatever steer clear of....

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/falken-fk452-longterm-test.htm

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got a lot of feedback from my post earlier this week as I was looking at Falken ze912's, but have also been recommended to look at others including the Falken 452's.

My car came with Fulda's (rear) and Wanli's (front/spare). Fuldas OK for mid-range I guess, but the Wanli's on the front are the most dangerous tyres I have ever had on a car. As per previous posts, any damp or water sends you towards an early grave. I've been lucky so far, but to be outclassed in certain conditions by my wife's Fiesta on Toyo's....:embarrassed

The quote I had from a local place for the Falkens above was £240 for four - not much more outlay to have decent tyres!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, I went to get some new tyres today, I ended up getting Uniroyal R550's, I looked at getting Falkens but no where near me did them. I can notice a massive difference already compared to the Michelin run flats I had on before, they were terrible tyres.
I wanted 4 wheel alignment carrying out as one of the rear tyres was wearing on the inside more than the other but the garage I went to (Formula 1) said that to carry out tracking correctly I would need to go to the dealer. I rang the dealer and they say that to do the rear it will be £170 plus VAT. They also said that they could not check the front properly either and I would also need to go to the dealer to get that checked as well. Has anyone else ever been told this from a garage? I'm thinking of taking it to Kwik-Fit to see what they say when I ask for tracking to be done.

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
That is kak mick, sorry

I have done 2 4 wheel laser alignments on my car, no 3 - wait - numerous! the point is one was from BMW, they incurred under warranty and 2 where my fault or better safe than sorry from a local independant that cost around 55 or 65.

Not a bmw independant jsut a trustworthy local outfit, hope it helps. Red :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that, I though as much but I don't really know what I was on about so I didn't argue. Would the wheel alignment at Kwik-Fit or national be ok do you think? Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, The nearest protyre to me is 60 miles away. Does anyone know anywhere near Doncaster that would be able to do the alignment? Nearest place I can find is 40 miles away from me in Nottingham, could do with somewhere a little closer but a if all else fails id rather travel 40 miles than pay dealer prices.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is one listed on that website in sheffield which is only 16 miles away from me so thats abit better than 40! Il give them a ring to see how much it is there. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts