BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I paired my N95 to the car and it is now possible to use the phone over the cars speakers which is great. I was fiddling around and noticed that when Phone is selected on the stereo, as I toggle through each option on the N95's menu, a beep could be heard through the cars speakers. This got me thinking that maybe I would be able to stream music via bluetooth. I tested it and it worked but unfortunately the sound wasn't very good. I'm not sure the exact difference when the phone is selected on the stereo however it wasn't very loud, maybe the sound only comes from one or two speakers? Is it possible to tweak this somehow?

The car stereo is a tape player. I'm still debating what to do with it. If I could use my phone for bluetooth streaming then I probably wouldn't change anything. I don't have a CD changer, thats another option too. I would love the Nav unit ideally however that looks very expensive. Could someone suggest what price I could expect for a Nav unit with installation?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they are quite expensive though. I think I would be able to manage installing it with a good guide but I would prefer to have it installed properly incase I broke something and for peace of mind that it's done right. I was reading that the Nokia N97 (which I have my eyes on) has an FM transmitter which is another option im thinking about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts