BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2003 320d e46 Fault Code numbers

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Ronnie 
#1 ·
Hi
I currently have a problem starting my 320d sometimes it starts some times it don't. Someone said is could be the Relay fuses so i took it to my friend who changed them about but still no start. He then put it on his diagonistic machine and this came up 0661 Supply Voltage, 06D0 Ecu Intern 4 (EE PROM ERROR) OB90 Rail Pressure Crank to Low. I've now booked it into BMW to have a better test done as my friend didn't no what all these ment. Can anyone help on this situation. I thought it was the diesel pump but i was wrong:mad

#2 ·
Could still be the fuel pump :), if it's not pumping (i.e. you're not hearing that humming noise) then the rail pressure will be too low.

Fingers crossed all you need is a new fuel pump at the rear. Good luck with the BMW diagnostic - let us know how you get on.

By the way, an EEPROM is a writable memory chip that stores data after power is removed. Similar to the chips in memory sticks etc. My guess would be that at some point your battery was sending out unreliable voltage and caused a one-off read/write error on the EEPROM that has been stored - it probably happened some time ago. The rail pressure error is the interesting one.

#4 ·
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AS72&mospid=47635&btnr=16_0512&hg=16&fg=15

Looks like just the one to me, part number 6 on the diagram (in the middle). This is probably the one that's faulty on your car as you're not hearing the 'hum' when turning the key.

It then goes through the filter, which I assume is the part either side of parts numbered 9.

After it goes through the filter but before it gets to the engine it goes through the heavy duty mechanical pump.

#5 ·
There is a lift pump in the fuel tank and a supply pump under the pasenger floor.

Have you changed the fuel pump relay behind the glovebox?

And can you hear the pump prime up under the seat when you turn the ignition on? If you can't and it doesn't start then you need to look into this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.