BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again guys,

as a couple of you have probably already read, i bought a new 320 d on tuesday,went i went to buy,it was fine started ok,drove fine.got it home parked it up for the night etc, went out the next morning and the battery was flat,i then charged the battery for about 10 hours put it in and started again fine,turned it all off and went to work,went to start it again this evening and it wont start......any ideas, i thought maybe the battery wasnt holding the charge!? But have a sneaky feeling it may be something else? Everything else on the car works ok ie lights radio etc

Please help!

Kieran

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hi again guys,

as a couple of you have probably already read, i bought a new 320 d on tuesday,went i went to buy,it was fine started ok,drove fine.got it home parked it up for the night etc, went out the next morning and the battery was flat,i then charged the battery for about 10 hours put it in and started again fine,turned it all off and went to work,went to start it again this evening and it wont start......any ideas, i thought maybe the battery wasnt holding the charge!? But have a sneaky feeling it may be something else? Everything else on the car works ok ie lights radio etc

Please help!

Kieran

What you could do is go down to Kwik Fit, they will do a free battery test.

If you have a multi- meter..........start the car up, turn on the rear screen heater and headlamps, put the multi meter terminals across the battery and read of the volts.

If you are getting between 13-14 volts, then the charging system is fine and i would suspect the battery. If the volts fall below 13.............the alternator is buggered.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
As Ray said that, if you've got a multi-meter yourself then thats easiest, but if not just head over to Kwik Fit or Halfords and see what it comes up with. Hopefully its the battery rather than alternator :thumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.