BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, tearing my hair out with this today...

Car woke me up this morning on the drive, alarm was going off so I went out to silence it, and the key fob unlock button wouldn't shut it up (has done in the past) so I unlocked it manually with the key in the driver's door and started the engine. Alarm silenced but there was a light-show on the dash that I've never seen before.

Switched the engine off and there's a load of warning lights on the dash that won't go out. Brake lights are still on on the rear of the car and also the following lights in the pic.

Anyone seen this before?
(this is what it looks like after I've switched off the engine and taken the key out of the ignition)
Car Dash.jpg

Any help appreciated, thanks,

Sib

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Think I figured this one out, couple of days after this problem happened I got into the car to head to work, driver's seat was soaking wet.

Turns out the seal at the top of my windscreen had lifted somewhat, right near the center. I figured the rainwater had leaked in and dripped down onto my rear-view mirror (which houses some electrical/alarm stuff) and possibly down into the dashboard.

Got some tiger seal and patched it back up, seems to have sorted it, maybe the alarm system just didn't appreciate getting wet...

Will update if it happens again...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts