BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what's wrong with my driver's seat - Everything else works on it i.e. different buttons for the postures, but when I try and select the function of rising the seat, all I get is a clicking noise and it does not move? When attempting this on the other passenger seat, it does rise and fall ok. Does that mean something is wrong with the motor in this particular region of actuation or it a fuse blown for this?

Any suggestions would b great. p.s. how much do u think it will cost to repair it?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Can someone tell me what's wrong with my driver's seat - Everything else works on it i.e. different buttons for the postures, but when I try and select the function of rising the seat, all I get is a clicking noise and it does not move? When attempting this on the other passenger seat, it does rise and fall ok. Does that mean something is wrong with the motor in this particular region of actuation or it a fuse blown for this?

Any suggestions would b great. p.s. how much do u think it will cost to repair it?
it's not the fuse as you would get nothing but the clicking indicates motor. do you know when/if you replaced it? or is it the origonal if so wat year is your car?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update- I had a look under the seat and noticed there's a wire adapter not connected to anyhting....it is colour-labeled blue which wrapps a bunch of wires. - it is a short wire so it cannot travel far, but i can't seem to find a socket nearby for it? i.e. for a motor? Any suggestions please. BTW this the driver's seat

Ronnie - it neither goes up or down. There's a click when u activate it (excluding the switch click noise) but nothin happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.