BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
A friend of mine has a 2002 3.0d Sport X5 which just died today, His wife went out to start it with no problem but when she went back in to get there daughter she came out to find it had stoped running:eek she tried to start it and even though it turns over it will not fire (it has go diesel in the tank) any ideas or pointers to what could be the cause?thanks for any help on this one.

Mileage is 60k by the way.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He said no check lights are on and where would you check the relay/fuses and what to look for?

thanks for the quick reply by the way.

·
Administrator
4,218 Posts
From another forum:

"2) Intermitant spinning but will not start.
Nice man from The AA attached a battery booster and INSTANT fire.
If the battery is >4 years old chances are under starting conditions the voltage drop is too great and the UCU thinks ther is a malfuction and does not trigger the injectors.
I replaced the battery and no more problem untill...

3) Intermitant spinning but no start!!
This time the nice man from the AA checked the OIL level (I new this to be neen the low mark but with a service due within a week or two!!) his comment was he had found on another X5 that low oil level was trigering the oil senser in the sump and again the ECU will not allow the engin to start. I put 1Ltr oil in and no problem for the past week.

Hope my rambelings help some one."

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies :thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
If you do try jump starting or attaching a battery booster to the car be careful you don't spike the ECU, you should turn on headlights, heated rear screen and other ancillary items before you disconnect the clamps

·
Registered
21 Posts
it was na xperience i had one late evening engine turning but could start i was told to turn the ignition if there was no check light then it would b the main fuse or............ fuel pump turned out to b the main fuse so was just suggesting an xperienced

1 - 12 of 12 Posts