BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anybody tell me how to remove the rear side trim on a 2002 Convertible?. As a new owner Im just getting to grips with the car and want to sort this rattle which seems to be coming from the rear side window. i can reduce the rattle by jabbing at the eleci window switch to move the window slightly but this is no fix!

First problem is how to remove the side panel with the air bag in so that i can see whats occurring. Ha anybody else had this problem? Thanks in advance for any help and here is a picture of what im trying to remove.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i think its something to do with the rubber between drivers and rear window, they all do this after a whille, mine does so did my E30.... i think someone on here has done a fix (most of us do the window down a crack thing)
try doimg a search you may find it....Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate!.......at least im not alone, thought i was the only one to do the ‘window down a crack’ thing. I will try the front window fix as per the link provided but im convinced its something to do with the rear window mechanism. Is there any way of getting to that?
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts