BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys, just registered to the site there so big hello,

The reason I joined is that I am thinking a moving ship to a BMW E46 M3, was looking for a while and went to drive one at the weekend, the only fault I could find with the car is that is sump gasket was gone in it and it kinda worried me as I don't want to spend a load a money on a car of this quality and for it to be crap, just wondering can anyone give me any insight in to them or any info of what to look for..?

Any help much appreciated.

Looking at 2002 - 2004 e46 if that mask any difference..

·
Registered
737 Posts
mate youd have been better posting in the general section, crash damage, boot floor for cracking, see if the engines rattley, check history theres a very important service at 20000 miles i think where the conrod bolts are retouqed) does it pull up straight or tramline, buy a manuel if you can, smg can have expensive faults, but boot floor and history are important

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
I had a 2002 E46 M3.... Best car i ever had! Things to look out for... Look at service history make sure its had the all important 1200 mile run in service. Check with bmw see if its had the oil pump recall done. Make sure inspection 1 2 etc have been carried out aswell. And the brakes check there in good condition as they cost £1k to change

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks For the reply guys will put in general section now also..

Any1 no anything about the sump gasket going though, are they common or would it have got a tip at some stage....?

Thanks!!

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
Best thing to do is ask on M3cutters mate. I wouldnt of thought a sump gasket is alot of money and would be pretty easy to put right. What colour is it mate? And is it manual or smg?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info so far lads, great help.. It I'd a manual though, 2002, seems clean, that was the only fault I could see on the day though, being the sump gasket..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts