BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All,

Am desperately trying to build in iPod and Blutooth compatibility into my system (Widescreen SatNav with Harmon-Kardon upgrade). Have failed with Pioneer AVIC =F920BT as behind my double DIN front is a single DIN space (!) - lower half blocked by ?airbox. Original HU is full depth in upper half but only single depth in lower half. Also a new wiring loom has been run to it tho original seems to be still in place but electrically dead.

Has anybody yet tried the new Denison Gateway FIVE in this scenario and can offer insight into compatibility, ease of fitting etc?

Paul

·
Platinum BFuk Member
2,578 Posts
you wont be able to install and after market HU straight in the HK system,
the AC pannel can be moved to give you a double din space, but you still wont be able to run your new HU with the HK

if i had the HK in mine, i would install the HU that i wanted, run rca's to the boot and run two amps and run speaker wire to the speakers from the amps leaving all the HK wires in place to return to stock when im done :)

i belive the densions gateways are realtivly easy to fit and will do what you want to do, but as for it working with the hk i dont know

1 - 2 of 2 Posts