BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,i have bought a set of 19inch borbet x5 tiger claws 9j front 10j rear,with intentions to fit them on my 2002 e46 330i msport saloon,it has standard brakes and suspension.what is or would be the best or optimum tyre width and profile,and do i need wheel spacers,if so what size.many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
429 Posts
You're gona have to know:
1) the ET of old and new
2) wheel and tyre size of old and new

To start this, if you don't know that you may have bought something that's totally unsuitable ...

Spacers, you can always move the wheels out a bit if that suits you, ride / look

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the x5 wheels are 9j et48 front and 10j et45 rear,the tyre size of the x5 is of no relevance.my e46 has oe 18inch staggered mv1 alloys with 225x40 on front and 255x35 on rear.i did not go out and spend £300 on wheels without finding out if they are suitable,i know they fit,but need to know if spacers are required and can i retain the same tyre width.

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
They are going to give you serious issues. You'll spacers on the back and need to roll the arches to accommodate the the extra outward poke. Even if you get them to fit you'll take them off within a week as your car will be undriveable plus you'll kill your acceleration.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks.my mv1 alloys are et47 front and et50 rear,so spacers would maby be required at the rear,i have just done a bit research and there are a lot of e46s with tiger claws fitted,some have not had to roll the rear arches as they never fitted spacers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Should be able to go with 225/35R19 front with 7mm more back space and 5mm more poke

might need to do some arch rolling for rears 255/30R19 16mm back space 22mm lip! eeek

Accelera Tyres / Car / Accelera Phi - 225/35 R19 88Y XL TL Fuel Eff.: E Wet Grip: C NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 72dB Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 19" R19" - 225/35/19, 225/35R19

Accelera Tyres / Car / Accelera Phi - 255/30 R19 91Y XL TL Fuel Eff.: E Wet Grip: C NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 72dB Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 19" R19" - 255/30/19, 255/30R19

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

So I doubt you need any spacers just some arch rolling, they will look awesome but you will have to tolerate lumpier ride

Pictures when they are on the car pls :thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts