BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if anyone can help, had a insp 1 service by bmw and they have quoted me a nsr shock and spring for £380! Monroe web do a shock for £55 and euro car parts for a sring for £50...just wanted to make sure that whats the original make of shock before I buy, and its a 330d sport so does it have M Tech suspension? Dont fancy forking out 400 for 1 shock and spring fitted or £200 without fitting if i can half the cost:silly

·
Registered
506 Posts
BMW make their own as far as I'm aware and they're expensive as you've just found out. Also, to make matters worse you should replace both sides. Monroe are aftermarket and I would'nt know if they're any good or not, it might be worth asking on here what are the best aftermarket standard shocks and springs. I would've though you car has M-Sport suspention btw.

·
Registered
753 Posts
This is one of the very few times I'll recommend www.c3bmw.co.uk as a supplier of replacement shocks. They stock Sachs-Boge. I wouldn't buy one of anything - strictly a pair. £64.80 each for the correct shocks for you.
I'll agree with you there, c3 seem to be the cheapest place to get oem sach boge shocks, just have to double check its what they actually send you.

Wonder if anyone can help, had a insp 1 service by bmw and they have quoted me a nsr shock and spring for £380! Monroe web do a shock for £55 and euro car parts for a sring for £50...just wanted to make sure that whats the original make of shock before I buy, and its a 330d sport so does it have M Tech suspension? Do forking out 400 for 1 shock and spring fitted or £200 without fitting if i can half the cost:silly
Yes you will have mtech suspension if it is a sport and as far as i knew eurocarparts only stocked non msport springs and shocks

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
380 quid:jaw-dropping:jaw-dropping

ide DIY save yaself a fortune springs is a 15 minute job and easy..

shock a bit more troublsome but thats only cos of the boot trim having ta come out tho still easy just a bit fidgety..

C3bmw.co.uk sell the original gear if ya DIY it yal save a fortune..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts