BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone, having recently just brought a e46 330d sport, i thought i'd check out some forums (which is new to me), to see what knowledge and info i can share with fellow bmw fans.. previously i'v had a e36 325i coupe, e36 320i saloon, and a e30 325i sport...

i'v noticed that my car is idling slighty (very slightly) up and down, sometimes it gets a bit louder when it warms up only a bit though..if i turn the heaters of then it stops???? only sometimes...... any ideas?????

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would suggest looking for any vacumn leaks first. Even a faulty MAF can cause the idle to 'dance' on a diesel engine.

i am currently hunting down a replacement part, i dunno if i should go dealers or ECP.
I would definitely get the original from the dealer maikothegreek. After market ones are known to give problems.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would suggest looking for any vacumn leaks first. Even a faulty MAF can cause the idle to 'dance' on a diesel engine.

I would definitely get the original from the dealer maikothegreek. After market ones are known to give problems.

I agree with you on this one 100%. i bought an after market oil level sensor but on the camshaft sensor i am sticking on an original one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts